The Home Stretch

Next week just.might.kill.us. Drew has five finals in five days; I have two papers, one presentation, one project, and one final. Not to mention a significant amount of time to spend at those pesky things called jobs.

Assuming we survive, we'll be home this time next week, and that fact makes the homesickness (and the utter lack of concentration) skyrocket. Take, for example, tonight. We had biscuits and gravy for dinner (without the sausage; I know that's a Southern crime, but we didn't have any and that's my least favorite part anyway). I don't even usually like biscuits and gravy. But my dad makes it and my granddad made it before him, so it smells like home and it hit the spot.

Just in case we don't survive, we're spending the rest of our evening on the couch, under a quilt, in front of Date Night (I won it in a White Elephant exchange at work; definitely the best gift there), together.


Even with my bad study habits and their tendency to infect Drew's, I'm confident we'll survive this week. It might take a great deal of brawn if our brains give out somewhere around Wednesday, but considering our determination and desire for family and the southeast, we've totally got this. See you soon, Georgia.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts