Cookie Success

"These might be the best cookies you've ever made." Straight from the husband's mouth.

And I've made a lot of cookies.

The oven in our old digs used to burn the bottoms, no matter how hard I tried to prevent it, and high-altitude living tends to challenge baked goods even with the fancy new oven in our current apartment. If they don't burn or go flat in the oven, cookies always get hard around here before we can eat them all.

I think we've found a recipe that remedies many of our cookie woes. Moist, chewy, and too tasty to last long enough to get overly crunchy, these toasted coconut, toffee, and chocolate chip cookies were simply delish.


I found the recipe here, but substituted almond extract for coconut extract and used 1/2 applesauce, 1/2 butter, because it's what we had.

Yummy, yummy.

Comments

  1. Oh how I love you guys SO SO much... and even though I get sad that I don't get to see you very often it makes me incredibly happy seeing how much fun you are having with Drew out west.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts