Lincoln Beach
I realized while uploading the following pictures that we have a label on this blog for "shooting". Weird. My repertoire of extracurricular activities has certainly been expanded by that husband of mine.
Although it has its own label and everything, every time I post pictures of "shooting", I never fail to clarify that shooting stuff isn't one of my favorite things to do. Guns are heavy and they kick and they're loud and they leave lots of plastic garbage in their wake - nothing about that appeals to me. However, Friday was Drew's birthday, making this his but-it's-my-birthday weekend, and I only get to hang out with him for so many hours a week, and I do love him, so I tagged along for one of these shooting escapades yet again. Unlike last time, it was frigid cold, and, thanks to a heavy fog, what winterly scenery there was vanished into the haze. So, without much to photograph, I spent half of my time cheering on the skeet shooters between chattering teeth, and the rest of my time knitting in the car with a bag of peanut M&Ms - a much gentler and warmer way to pass my Saturday morning.
It was a good group and a good morning, in spite of the weather. Aaron and Jaimie, and Jaimie's brother, Daniel, are to be thanked for the target practice idea, and Drew's friend, Tom, and Tom's brother, John, are to be thanked for the location, which was smack dab right in the middle of nowhere. I now know of quite a few people with whom I'd like to be in the event of a zombie apocalypse. These folks can keep us safe with their guns, and I'll keep us warm with my hand-knits. Sounds like a deal, no?
Although it has its own label and everything, every time I post pictures of "shooting", I never fail to clarify that shooting stuff isn't one of my favorite things to do. Guns are heavy and they kick and they're loud and they leave lots of plastic garbage in their wake - nothing about that appeals to me. However, Friday was Drew's birthday, making this his but-it's-my-birthday weekend, and I only get to hang out with him for so many hours a week, and I do love him, so I tagged along for one of these shooting escapades yet again. Unlike last time, it was frigid cold, and, thanks to a heavy fog, what winterly scenery there was vanished into the haze. So, without much to photograph, I spent half of my time cheering on the skeet shooters between chattering teeth, and the rest of my time knitting in the car with a bag of peanut M&Ms - a much gentler and warmer way to pass my Saturday morning.
It was a good group and a good morning, in spite of the weather. Aaron and Jaimie, and Jaimie's brother, Daniel, are to be thanked for the target practice idea, and Drew's friend, Tom, and Tom's brother, John, are to be thanked for the location, which was smack dab right in the middle of nowhere. I now know of quite a few people with whom I'd like to be in the event of a zombie apocalypse. These folks can keep us safe with their guns, and I'll keep us warm with my hand-knits. Sounds like a deal, no?

Comments
Post a Comment