Target Practice

On Monday, Drew's friend, Mark, invited us to go to a shooting range near Saratoga Springs for some target practice. Drew brought a few guns back with him from Georgia last summer, and this was the first time he's gotten to take them down from our closet shelves and use them. While guns and shooting things are definitely not among my list of favorite items or past-times, I think I was a pretty good sport about tagging along. That attitude was helped along by perfect weather and some great desert scenery.


When we got there, Drew and Mark got right to business setting up targets and shooting them down. 


I got busy exploring the desert and taking pictures of whatever wildlife might be in the vicinity. 


That's about all I could find, so I had to start photographing trash instead. At least it was colorful trash.


I finally agreed to shoot a few bullets myself, and really didn't do half bad. 


Once I'd had enough (that didn't take long), I spent the rest of the time reading, while Drew and Mark finished off the utter destruction of their targets in the setting sun. 


It was nice to be outside and see Drew in his element, focusing on something that he's interested in, especially just after the end of another semester filled with lots of stuff that he's not so interested in. It was a good way to work off some end-of-the-semester steam - or gun powder. 

Comments

Popular Posts