Time with the Thompsons
Due to a combination of our current geographic location, our classification as a one-car family, and my employment status, I've gotten to see a whole lot of the Thompsons lately, and I'm not complaining one bit.
On Friday, Drew dropped Lori and I off at Christie's on his way to work, partly so we'd have something to do all day, and partly so we would be closer to Salt Lake for Michael and Deanna's wedding reception that night. The day included plenty of playing and resting and laughing and some fun in the sun at the splash pool, too.
On Saturday, Drew and I hung out with Topher, Maddie, and Caroline while Christie and Tyler celebrated their 7-year anniversary. There aren't any pictures of that happening - we wouldn't want to document how late we let them stay up or how many snacks we fed them, now would we?
And then on Sunday, we headed back to Daybreak for church with Christie and Tyler and kiddos. I must say that having little ones at your feet has only positive influences on the entertainment factor of church meetings. We stuck around afterwards, first for The Lorax, then yummy cheeseburgers courtesy of Christie, a little laundry-doing, and then a good, long walk around the lake, complete, of course, with plenty of rock-throwing.
It's been great to spend so much time with this cute, funny family lately. There is an up-side to our transitory state after all.
On Friday, Drew dropped Lori and I off at Christie's on his way to work, partly so we'd have something to do all day, and partly so we would be closer to Salt Lake for Michael and Deanna's wedding reception that night. The day included plenty of playing and resting and laughing and some fun in the sun at the splash pool, too.
On Saturday, Drew and I hung out with Topher, Maddie, and Caroline while Christie and Tyler celebrated their 7-year anniversary. There aren't any pictures of that happening - we wouldn't want to document how late we let them stay up or how many snacks we fed them, now would we?
And then on Sunday, we headed back to Daybreak for church with Christie and Tyler and kiddos. I must say that having little ones at your feet has only positive influences on the entertainment factor of church meetings. We stuck around afterwards, first for The Lorax, then yummy cheeseburgers courtesy of Christie, a little laundry-doing, and then a good, long walk around the lake, complete, of course, with plenty of rock-throwing.
It's been great to spend so much time with this cute, funny family lately. There is an up-side to our transitory state after all.













Comments
Post a Comment