Remember This

Drew and I talked big dreams and little things last night. Like homes and homesteads, vegetable gardens
 and chickens, meaningful work and family, relocation and travel and financial security, 
food and the stuff that passes for it, and hope and forgiveness and freedom, too. 
We have big plans, the two of us. 


Luckily, lately I've had the Girl of the Limberlost and her friend, the Bird Woman, to keep me 
straight when I get to feeling like our plans are just a little too big.

"Remember this: What you are lies with you. If you are lazy, and accept your lot, you may live in it. If you are willing to work, you can write your name anywhere you choose, among the only ones who live past the grave in this world - the people who write books that help, make exquisite music, carve statues, paint pictures, and work for others." 
-The Bird Woman, in A Girl of the Limberlost

Duly noted.

Comments

Popular Posts