A Day Made
When we pulled into our parking spot today, we found this blue beauty waiting for us. Day.officially.made.
After years of collecting recyclables until they practically overtake my kitchen, then loading them into my car and driving them clear across which ever town I was currently calling home, I'm finally a participant in single-stream curbside recycling. And I couldn't be more excited. Bravo to Provo for its recently instated opt-out citywide recycling program. Bravo.
As the resident of an apartment complex, it was a small fight to get the city to give us a bin. The lady on the phone said, "Oh no, you use a dumpster, you can't recycle." I said, "Oh yes I can. I do and I will. The question is whether you're going to help me recycle." Well, I didn't say exactly that, but the nice lady sure did help. With a few clicks, she put us on that magical list of addresses who get their very own bin for collecting valuable raw materials to be taken away and transformed into wonderful new things.
Now we just need to figure out when to put it where for pick-up...

Hooray! Victory after a long struggle!
ReplyDelete