Two New Roommates
Last week, Drew and I acquired two new roommates - Jennifer and her lovable pup, Koda. Since their arrival, it's really just been business as usual. Drew and Jennifer trudge off to work each day to bring home the bacon, and I stay home, hunting for a worthwhile job and trying not to spend all of the bacon on vegetables and thrift store finds. Consequently, I've been spending lots of time with Koda, and he's been fantastic (and incredibly humorous) company.
Last Thursday, Koda and I went for a walk around the Falls Dam, which is just a few miles from our apartment. I've been driving past the entry almost every day and meaning to take a look around, so I used an especially strong bout of cabin fever to get out and explore it. For some reason, I chose the hottest part of a pretty hot day and nearly killed Koda with our little adventure. That boy just doesn't do the outdoors, at least not in the heat. Apparently, boxers don't have enough nose to keep themselves properly ventilated under such extreme exertion (really, it was only about a half-mile and mostly in the shade...). Since Koda kept veering back towards the car, we kept our walk pretty short, but we did get a few good looks at the dam, the lake, and their surroundings.
That evening (and most evenings since) involved a collective trip to the gym, lots of laughing at Koda's antics, a good dinner, and bad television (Breaking Bad is quite literally bad; Gossip Girl is just full of bad examples for living this life simply and gracefully).
It's been a lot of fun having these two around, and I think (I hope) they're both adjusting quite nicely to life in a 750-square-foot apartment with an old, married couple.
Last Thursday, Koda and I went for a walk around the Falls Dam, which is just a few miles from our apartment. I've been driving past the entry almost every day and meaning to take a look around, so I used an especially strong bout of cabin fever to get out and explore it. For some reason, I chose the hottest part of a pretty hot day and nearly killed Koda with our little adventure. That boy just doesn't do the outdoors, at least not in the heat. Apparently, boxers don't have enough nose to keep themselves properly ventilated under such extreme exertion (really, it was only about a half-mile and mostly in the shade...). Since Koda kept veering back towards the car, we kept our walk pretty short, but we did get a few good looks at the dam, the lake, and their surroundings.
That evening (and most evenings since) involved a collective trip to the gym, lots of laughing at Koda's antics, a good dinner, and bad television (Breaking Bad is quite literally bad; Gossip Girl is just full of bad examples for living this life simply and gracefully).
It's been a lot of fun having these two around, and I think (I hope) they're both adjusting quite nicely to life in a 750-square-foot apartment with an old, married couple.
Comments
Post a Comment