Roommate Reunion
After putting Boone, ASU, and Term 1 of TIP in my rear-view mirror, I headed to Atlanta for a weekend reunion with Emma and Joanne. I haven't seen these ladies in about a year and a half, so it was great to see their familiar, smiling faces and catch up on life going-ons. On Sunday night, we went to the Shakespeare Tavern for a performance of As You Like It. I'm not sure why I would have expected otherwise from a comedy, but the play was hilarious. The acting was fantastic (I know I couldn't memorize an entire Shakespearean play) and the setting was really fun and intimate. Plus, the apple crisp and ice cream served at intermission was delicious. I'm pretty sure the last time I was at a play was with these two, and I'm pretty sure we took a very similar 3-headed picture.
On Monday morning, we got up and headed out for a stroll through a nature area close to Joanne's house. After spending three weeks hiking in the Appalachians with 16 ducklings, it was refreshing to hike closer to the Coastal Plain, where I first learned all about ecology and plant biology, with only two companions - very calm, non-destructive ones at that. I, of course, took lots of pictures, so have a look at our wanderings for yourself:
On Monday night, we went to Dip n' Dab for some painting lessons. Everyone in the class paints the same picture, and the instructor walks you through it step-by-step. The painting du jour when we were there was a New York City skyline with the Empire State Building and Manhattan Bridge. This was so much fun - a really good way to spend a few hours together doing something productive, since you take home a painting of your very own at the end of the night. I'm not sure that mine will ever make an appearance on a visible wall, but I'll hang it in a closet somewhere, just for fun.
Other, undocumented weekend festivities included homemade pizza, thrift store shopping, wedding talk, delicious oatmeal-chocolate chip-nut cookies, Chinese food, and plenty of chatter. It felt a lot like the good old days at Mercer, only different. Driving away was kind of sad, as usual, since I never know when we'll be together next, but we do have Emma's March wedding to count on for bringing us all back together sooner than last time. I can't wait!
On Monday morning, we got up and headed out for a stroll through a nature area close to Joanne's house. After spending three weeks hiking in the Appalachians with 16 ducklings, it was refreshing to hike closer to the Coastal Plain, where I first learned all about ecology and plant biology, with only two companions - very calm, non-destructive ones at that. I, of course, took lots of pictures, so have a look at our wanderings for yourself:
On Monday night, we went to Dip n' Dab for some painting lessons. Everyone in the class paints the same picture, and the instructor walks you through it step-by-step. The painting du jour when we were there was a New York City skyline with the Empire State Building and Manhattan Bridge. This was so much fun - a really good way to spend a few hours together doing something productive, since you take home a painting of your very own at the end of the night. I'm not sure that mine will ever make an appearance on a visible wall, but I'll hang it in a closet somewhere, just for fun.
Other, undocumented weekend festivities included homemade pizza, thrift store shopping, wedding talk, delicious oatmeal-chocolate chip-nut cookies, Chinese food, and plenty of chatter. It felt a lot like the good old days at Mercer, only different. Driving away was kind of sad, as usual, since I never know when we'll be together next, but we do have Emma's March wedding to count on for bringing us all back together sooner than last time. I can't wait!







Comments
Post a Comment