Down by the Bay
Down by the bay,
Where the watermelons grow,
Back to my home,
I dare not go,
For if I do,
My mother will say...
Did you ever see the two so equally blue?
Did you ever stop and wonder about the daily afternoon thunder?
Did you ever see me, homesick for Drew as can be?
Did you ever see so much violet, and stop for a minute to smile at it?
Did you ever see the grass - really see it, not just pass?
Did you ever see the Batillaria, clustering not far from ya?
Did you ever see the foam, invading the snails' home?
Did you ever see an egret, getting its feet wet?
Down by the bay. Down by the bay. Down by the bay!
That song makes no sense.
The original version is perhaps even worse.
But I bet you'll be singing it for days.

Comments
Post a Comment