Not-so-tasty Treats
We generally post about the lovely here: perfect days, delicious recipes, wonderful family and friends, extraordinary love.
But some days, things just aren't so lovely, at least not entirely.
Take yesterday and these cupcakes. Epic failure. The day was fine, I guess. Predictably dull employment. Sluggish progress on Master's project proposal. Especially intense workout with personal trainer husband. Some dishes and a load of laundry. I had plans to end this not-so-grand day with very grand, very chocolatey cupcakes. But these cupcakes. They were nothing like the delightful ones I made for Drew's birthday party. Nothing like them at all. The batter was all wonky, resulting in airy, yet chewy cupcakes that overflowed their cups and stuck to the pan. The frosting was all wrong, too, with too much of this and too little of that. I blame the new recipes. But since these treats were undeniably the product of procrastination, maybe I should take their failure as a sign from the heavens that it's time to stop baking and get cracking on that dreaded Master's project.
Yes, yes. Thank you MPH gods. Ruin my dessert, and I'll get the message. I'll get to work.
Tomorrow.
But some days, things just aren't so lovely, at least not entirely.
Take yesterday and these cupcakes. Epic failure. The day was fine, I guess. Predictably dull employment. Sluggish progress on Master's project proposal. Especially intense workout with personal trainer husband. Some dishes and a load of laundry. I had plans to end this not-so-grand day with very grand, very chocolatey cupcakes. But these cupcakes. They were nothing like the delightful ones I made for Drew's birthday party. Nothing like them at all. The batter was all wonky, resulting in airy, yet chewy cupcakes that overflowed their cups and stuck to the pan. The frosting was all wrong, too, with too much of this and too little of that. I blame the new recipes. But since these treats were undeniably the product of procrastination, maybe I should take their failure as a sign from the heavens that it's time to stop baking and get cracking on that dreaded Master's project.
Yes, yes. Thank you MPH gods. Ruin my dessert, and I'll get the message. I'll get to work.
Tomorrow.

Comments
Post a Comment