Bliss.
Happiness is contagious. I've come across a few "happiness posts" on other blogs lately, and the delight captured in their lists easily rubs off on me, making me more aware of my own little joys. As is the case with most contagions, I can't help spreading it, so here are 10 things that are making me blissful these days - a little viral dose of sunshine for you.
1. Newly painted toesies in "Wholesome Earth." I can feel Fall every time I look down at them.
2. Our clean closet and decimated (as in drastically reduced in size) clothing collection. We've recently simplified our lives by getting rid of some of the stuff we don't need or use. It's quite liberating.
3. Rosemary and mint body wash. I used this soap all through college, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere out here. Until last week. What a simple little thrill its discovery was.
4. Plum purple. It's such a rich, warm color. I found some stretchy plum fabric in the bargain bin at the fabric store yesterday; it's fated to become my new favorite skirt.
5. Perfect thrift store finds. The inexpensive, treasure-chest nature of thrift stores is to be blamed for our oft-overflowing closet. Naturally, I undid some of our closet thinning (see #2) with a few new gems, and I'm particularly in love with this elegant, lacy number.
6. Ice cream. It's pure deliciousness. Especially when strawberry and chocolate meet in the same bowl. Yum.
7. Calm, folksy music. Mumford and Sons Radio or Weepies Radio is playing on Pandora during most moments of would-be silence in my world. Both are very, very close to radio listening perfection. Weepies Radio might just be perfect.
8. Clean sheets. There's nothing better than climbing into a fluffy, clean bed. We did a linen washing overhaul this weekend, and now everything smells like our new lavender detergent. <deep breath>
9. Crafting. Fall gives me an itch to create - to sew, stitch, glue, wrap, knit, something. Having a lap full of yarn and fabric and a floor full of WIPs (works-in-progress) is currently more enjoyable to me than a house full of finished products. My most recent WIP: a Halloween-ish yarn wreath for our door.
10. Drew. Always Drew.
1. Newly painted toesies in "Wholesome Earth." I can feel Fall every time I look down at them.
2. Our clean closet and decimated (as in drastically reduced in size) clothing collection. We've recently simplified our lives by getting rid of some of the stuff we don't need or use. It's quite liberating.
3. Rosemary and mint body wash. I used this soap all through college, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere out here. Until last week. What a simple little thrill its discovery was.
4. Plum purple. It's such a rich, warm color. I found some stretchy plum fabric in the bargain bin at the fabric store yesterday; it's fated to become my new favorite skirt.
5. Perfect thrift store finds. The inexpensive, treasure-chest nature of thrift stores is to be blamed for our oft-overflowing closet. Naturally, I undid some of our closet thinning (see #2) with a few new gems, and I'm particularly in love with this elegant, lacy number.
6. Ice cream. It's pure deliciousness. Especially when strawberry and chocolate meet in the same bowl. Yum.
7. Calm, folksy music. Mumford and Sons Radio or Weepies Radio is playing on Pandora during most moments of would-be silence in my world. Both are very, very close to radio listening perfection. Weepies Radio might just be perfect.
8. Clean sheets. There's nothing better than climbing into a fluffy, clean bed. We did a linen washing overhaul this weekend, and now everything smells like our new lavender detergent. <deep breath>
9. Crafting. Fall gives me an itch to create - to sew, stitch, glue, wrap, knit, something. Having a lap full of yarn and fabric and a floor full of WIPs (works-in-progress) is currently more enjoyable to me than a house full of finished products. My most recent WIP: a Halloween-ish yarn wreath for our door.
10. Drew. Always Drew.


Comments
Post a Comment