Life at the Beach: Week 1
It's hard to believe we've been in North Carolina for a week already. It's flown right by, and I'm afraid the rest of the summer will do the same. Our lives are incredibly low-key these days, involving a lot of sleep, sand, snacks, and television, in any order, whenever we please.
We've been to the beach daily.
| Drew in his happy place. His first words at the beach are usually "Wanna dig a hole?" |
| When the hole is complete, it's "Get in the hole, so I can bury you." |
| Well I don't particularly like to be buried, so we compromise. I let him bury me to the waist, and he makes me some sand legs... |
| ...and a nice badonkadonk. |
| And I write him nice messages in the sand. |
| Yesterday, I buried Drew in his own hole. |
We've been eating some of our meals outside and watching the sunset from the top deck.
We've also been enjoying the air conditioning. The indoor portion of our vacation looks very much like this:
| Just got home from watching HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2; in desperate need of Rocky Road, but too tired (lazy?) to get a bowl. |
| This is how I found Drew at one o'clock on Friday, when I got back from the library: In "his chair" and his bathing suit, waiting patiently to be taken to the beach. What a hard life he leads. |
In case you can't tell, we're having a great time (and I really am working on school stuff, too).

Comments
Post a Comment