Happy Birthday, Nannie!

My grandmother, aka Nannie or Catherine, is another year wiser today; like she could get any wiser.

I've been meaning to share pictures from our visit with her on our way back to Georgia this summer, and a birthday post dedicated just to her is a perfect excuse. I'd also like to make sure she knows how thankful I am for the many infinite ways that she enriches my life, and her birthday is a great excuse for that, too.

Thanks, Nannie, for always being such a strong example of the kind of woman I hope I'm becoming:
Honest, yet gentle and kind.
Independent, but not too proud to accept help.
Comfortable with yourself, but alive and happy in the company of others.
Accepting of diversity, while confident in your own ways and values.
Resourceful, perceptive, and brave.
And just genuinely good.

Thanks for teaching me so many things about food and fabric and family.

Thanks for always being there, no matter what.

Thanks for seeing the best in Jennifer and me, and expecting the best from us, too.

 Thanks for always having such a balanced and positive outlook on life.

And thanks for raising me up such a wonderful dad.

I love you, Nannie, and I miss you, too. I hope this birthday has been a great one. 

Comments

Popular Posts