Date Night on the Fly
We were supposed to spend Saturday getting ready for our upcoming journey to the east coast...cleaning, making travel plans, taking care of the mail. We did get an oil change and two new tires and I did all of the laundry, but after that, we took a good, long Saturday afternoon nap. Drew's cousin Melissa called us just as we were waking up and offered us her tickets to the Real Salt Lake soccer game that night. We had planned to go to a Real game and post-game concert with OneRepublic last weekend, but the concert was postponed, so we exchanged our tickets for the game in September. Needless to say, we readily accepted her offer and traded an evening of chores for an evening of fun. We already had the team gear from our previous plans so we were set. (I got Drew and I both Real Salt Lake shirts from D.I. as part of our soccer game/concert anniversary present; they were lucky finds.)
First we stopped by the Purple Turtle for dinner. It's kind of hole-in-the-wall place, but well-known around Provo and Pleasant Grove, and one of the only appetizing fast food options in my book. Their grilled cheese is yummy, and their "tornadoes" are huge--Drew and I always share and it's more ice cream than we can consume together (and we can consume a lot of ice cream). We've been eating at the Purple Turtle together for seven years. Here's me in 2004 and Drew on Saturday; not much has changed.
Then we made our way to the soccer game. Real Salt Lake was playing a team from Toronto and kind of creamed them. The final score was 3-1.
We had a great time, and thanks to Melissa, a cheap time. Free tickets and a $10 dinner at the Purple Turtle made for an inexpensive date night on the fly.


Comments
Post a Comment