Dan Ryan Builders: A Christmas Party

Last Saturday night, Drew, Jennifer, my mom, and I got snazzied up for a Christmas party with the Dan Ryan Builders - Raleigh team. It was fun to dress like something other than an 8th grade science teacher for once, and with all four of us there, the party was quite the family affair. It was also a great chance to meet and greet all of the people I've heard mentioned since Drew started working for DRB in May. The evening started with hors d'oeuvres and drinks (Roy Rogers' for the two of us) and then continued with dinner. Everything was delicious, particularly the caramel-chocolate-pecan pie. Um, yum (but hello, sugar-induced lockjaw).


After dinner, we all took turns acting a fool in the photo booth:

^ Drew and his once-upon-a-time project manager, Miriam ^

After the excitement of the photo booth came the thrill of the dance floor. 
Lesson learned: Drew and I desperately need dance lessons. 


My mom and sister, however, have got some serious moves, even in heels.


We spent the rest of the evening chatting with Drew's only semi-sober co-workers. I certainly remembered them in the morning; I can't promise that the reverse is true. 

^ Drew and his current office boss, Tad ^

I think plenty of food and fun was had by all, at least by all in our little party of four. In addition to many, ridiculous photo booth strips, at the insistence of the party planner, we also brought home a few Christmas centerpieces, which are now gracing every table in our apartment. Between the Santa hats and festive foods and Christmas decorations and shiny red clothing, the night certainly helped us welcome the coming season of family and fun. And it made me, for one, really grateful for the job Drew has, working with a great group of people for a truly excellent company.

Comments

  1. You all look great and I'm so glad to see your Mom enjoying herself and DANCING! I know she is so glad to be having a successful recovery and have that long, drawn-out ordeal behind her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts